Re: PGSQL-WINDOWS mailing list?

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Josh Berkus" <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, "PostgreSQL www" <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Date: 2004-08-12 19:53:29
Lists: pgsql-www

I'm beginning to wonder about myself - I got another 100 between the
office and home :-(

Perhaps though, the answer is not in making the mailing lists handle the
extra load, but preventing some of that load getting there in the first
place. I know it's easy to say, but difficult to do given the workloads
we all have, but if we can get some really easy to use, helpful,
friendly cuddly and fluffy trouble shooting docs out there as the first
things new users see, then just maybe we can prevent many of the faqs
etc. even hitting the lists. Yeah, there will always be some that can't
be bothered to read and learn themselves, but if we can somehow direct
the newbie through the faqs/documentation *before* we tell them where
the lists are and without making it annoyingly difficult to get there
then just maybe...

The problem is, how do we make them read stuff without, umm, making them
read stuff?

/D