Re: CVS Commit by dpage: Allow query cancel/terminate

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Andreas Pflug" <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>
Cc: <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: CVS Commit by dpage: Allow query cancel/terminate
Date: 2004-06-22 15:47:34
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

I see what's happening. I dump things in text format more often than
not, and that's what it's barfing on. I think that needs to be handled a
lttle more cleanly when we release - perhaps check the file format
before passing it to pg_restore, and if text, just load the first
hundred lines or so for inspection.

Whilst we're on that subject, most of my backups have .sql extensions -
any objection to adding that as a defaul extension in the file open
dialogue.

Finally, on a vaguely related note, I think we need to do some
re-factoring of the context and tools menus. Perhaps have a copy of the
tools menu as a sub menu of the context menu, rather than a seemingly
random inclusion of some items. Also, when items are active could do
with some though - for example, you cannot access the server status when
clicking a server node(!), only a database. Any thoughts?

Regards, Dave

  • Misc topics at 2004-06-22 16:10:11 from Andreas Pflug