Re: Beta 3 crashing reproducably

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Erwin Brandstetter" <brandstetter(at)falter(dot)at>, <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Beta 3 crashing reproducably
Date: 2006-10-17 11:10:06
Lists: pgadmin-support

Fix in SVN.

> <enter> moves the focus to the next element. But that's what <tab>
> does already. <enter> should trigger "Find", (not the potentially
> harmful "Replace").

That appears to be a quirk of wxWidgets (or something we're doing with
it fairly globally) - all the dialogues behave like that.

> Actually, I would much prefer an option to have the whole document
> searched (not just forwards or backwards), but I guess that's
> more like
> a feature request, really.

Search forwards, from the top?

> !BUT! Some hours into testing I found a new way crash it.
> Shuffling with
> output pane and scratch pane quickly crashes pgAdmin.
> It happens at the moment when I try to dock the output pane or the
> scratch pane. Randomly after a couple of tries. Especially
> when I drag
> one over the other (not floating). It "helps" to do it quickly.
> To cheer you up: the bug is present in original beta3, too.
> You did not
> introduce it with the fix. :)

This is a wxWidgets bug:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1575571&group_i
d=9863&atid=109863

> - Weird behaviour of database bar: unchanged
> Still unusable for me. I cannot chose from the actual
> databases on the
> chosen server, because they are not displayed.

I cannot reproduce this. Anyone else?

> Also, there is no way to pick the user with which to connect.

No. It will use the username/password you specified when you registered
the server in the main browser.

> Help is missing.

Fixed.

> Mouse wheel triggers OK.

I think that's related to the navigation-by-return issue above - it
scrolls through the items in the list, then at the end moves onto the
next control. I'll have to look into that some more.

> Maybe my special setup (port forwarded to remote database server)
> contributes to the problems. Is this feature working for anyone?
>
> -!! Duplicated schema-prefix: STILL BROKEN
> The fix you uploaded, is it in the version I am testing? I still get
> SQL-scripts like:
> CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION my_schema.my_func(integer)
> RETURNS SETOF my_schema."my_schema.my_type" AS -- NOTE the
> malformed return type
> (...)

I missed a bit. Fixed in SVN.

Regards, Dave