8.3 Development Cycle

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: 8.3 Development Cycle
Date: 2006-09-22 13:16:53
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Following the recent discussion on this list and another on pgsql-core,
we have decided that we would like to aim to meet the following schedule
for the release of PostgreSQL 8.3:

April 1st 2007 - Feature freeze

May 1st 2007 - Beta 1 release

June 1st 2007 - Release

This will obviously be a short development cycle which will allow us to
get some of the features that just missed 8.2 out of the door, as well
as giving us the opportunity to try releasing before the summer (for
those in the northern hemisphere) rather than after.

We are also aware that this is a tight timetable, however given the
shorter development cycle we feel it is an achievable goal.

If anyone has any serious objections, please shout now!

Regards, Dave

--
Dave Page
PostgreSQL Core Team