Re: Status of funds.postgresql.org?

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: "Josh Berkus" <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, "Magnus Hagander" <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>, "Peter Eisentraut" <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Status of funds.postgresql.org?
Date: 2006-09-15 20:06:43
Lists: pgsql-www

Yes, because the old site has now gone.

> pgadmin

www.pgadmin.org. Pgadmin.postgresql.org hasn't been advertised for many,
many years.

> jdbc

The JDBC folks didn't want to lose their site, and we weren't going to
force them to do so.

> pmt

Not a public site.

> jabber

Not a website.

> archives

Not something that can be merged into the main site without extreme pain
and breakage of a helluva lot of published URLs.

> search

Part of the main site, but on a separate server for reasons of which you
are perfectly aware.

> You are on the funds group. You know the stuff we will be
> keeping track
> of and the discussions we will be having. Why is this even a problem?
> Why is this even a discussion?

It's not a problem for me. In my two posts on the subject I have:

- asked when funds.postgresql.org asked for and what was it for.

- Explained why Magnus (who isn't on the funds group) might be dubious
about adding a new site on what appears to -www to be a single request
from you (ie. Not something that has been discussed).

Regards, Dave.