Re: Latest ODBC driver?

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Mark Morgan Lloyd" <markMLl(dot)pgsql-odbc(at)telemetry(dot)co(dot)uk>, <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Latest ODBC driver?
Date: 2006-08-28 16:14:10
Lists: pgsql-odbc

No - it's just the version of the spec that the driver supports.

> Noted comment about the BDE- I'm still using that but trying
> to work to a point
> where I can junk it: IMO it's the worst of all worlds. On the
> other hand once I
> get rid of BDE I'm not sure whether I'll continue using ODBC
> or go direct. Are
> there any specific issues I should be watching out for with
> BDE and the ANSI
> driver?

No - it's th eUnicode one that disagrees with BDE - specifically,
text/varchar columns will all be empty if requested as Unicode strings -
which is exactly what BDE does because the driver offers that as the
default.

> Courtesy of Google hence
> http://www.installshield.com/news/newsletter/0411-articles/msi
exec.asp, the
> format appears to be
>
> msiexec /x psqlodbc.msi

/x and /uninstall are equivalent in Installer 3.x. I guess not in 2.x

Regards, Dave