Re: Latest ODBC driver?

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Mark Morgan Lloyd" <markMLl(dot)pgsql-odbc(at)telemetry(dot)co(dot)uk>, <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Latest ODBC driver?
Date: 2006-08-27 20:13:36
Lists: pgsql-odbc

No idea - it's not something that came up before - iirc, the ODBC DM
hasn't changed much, if at all in the last few versions of MDAC.

> ii) Does the new driver insist on Unicode, and do I need to
> accomodate that
> in the app/database/table setup?

No, you use what you want and the driver handles it. There were (and
will continue to be) 2 drivers in 08.02, a Unicode one which most people
will use, and an ANSI one which is recommended for use with BDE apps,
and for people having trouble with their combination of LATINx charset
and whatever they're running on the server (a very small number of
people).

> iii) How do I de-install the 8.01.0200 driver? The usual way
> of working from
> NT's control panel applet simply reinstalls it.

That works fine on 2K/XP/2K3, but I've never tried on NT. You could try:

msiexec uninstall psqlodbc.msi

From a command prompt.

Regards, Dave.