wxAUI Library - **UPDATe REQUIRED FOR SVN TRUNK**

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: "Florian G(dot) Pflug" <fgp(at)phlo(dot)org>
Subject: wxAUI Library - **UPDATe REQUIRED FOR SVN TRUNK**
Date: 2006-07-27 09:46:45
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hi,

In typical fashion right after pgAdmin started using the wxAUI library
it has been integrated into the main wxWidgets code. Whilst this is
definitely a good thing in the long term, it does mean that at the
moment the standalone version of wxAUI has an uncertain future. I have
asked about the possibility of there being a backported standalone
release, and got the response

"We'll try our best to do some backport releases. We're currently very
busy coding new wxAUI features. :-)"

Which is both good and not so good for us, depending on how you look at
it!

Anyhoo, as a result for the time being pgAdmin will use a custom version
of wxAUI, available from
http://developer.pgadmin.org/ftp/dependencies/1.5/. As of today,
wxAUI-0.9.2 will not work so anyone using dev code will need to upgrade,
and make sure the code is in a directory called wxaui-pgadmin instead of
the old wxaui-0.9.2.

Once wxWidgets 2.7 is stable enough to start playing with I'll update
the code to use the built-in version of wxAUI for that and higher wx
versions so once wx2.8 is out we should be able to get rid of the
separate package altogether.

Regards, Dave.