Re: Detemine name of replication schema

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Melvin Davidson" <mdavidson(at)cctus(dot)com>, <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Detemine name of replication schema
Date: 2006-07-08 04:13:32
Lists: pgadmin-support

________________________________

From: pgadmin-support-owner(at)postgresql(dot)org
[mailto:pgadmin-support-owner(at)postgresql(dot)org] On Behalf Of Melvin
Davidson
Sent: 07 July 2006 21:12
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: [pgadmin-support] Detemine name of replication schema

I tried searching the archive for a similar question, but found
none.

I am interested in knowing what query can be used to determine
the name of the replication schema(s) installed.

Pgadmin is "aware" of the replication schema(s), as they are
listed for each database
eg: <dbname>
Casts
Languages
Schemas
Replication

So I am curious as to what function or sql query is used to
obtain that information?

IOW, I am looking for a generic way to get the names of all
replication schemas in a cluster.

The easiest way is to turn on SQL query logging in pgAdmin or the server
and see what ends up in the logfile. I suspect (but am too tired to
check right now) that it looks for schemas who's name starts with _, and
contains one of the slony tables.

Regards, Dave