Re: Proposed Patchs

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: <thomas(at)microdop(dot)org>
Cc: <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Proposed Patchs
Date: 2006-05-29 19:22:10
Lists: pgadmin-support

Yes, that seems like a much better option - though I wonder if it should
default to just groups and then use the existing setting as per the
permissions. That would seem more consistent.

> The last bug I have is for database creation, I don't know how to get
> the current login.

Well dlgDatabase will automatically use the parent node's database (ie.
The maintenance DB) when appropriate so you should just be able to get
the username from that.

>From dlgDatabase.cpp

dlgProperty *pgDatabaseFactory::CreateDialog(frmMain *frame, pgObject
*node, pgObject *parent)
{
dlgDatabase *dlg=new dlgDatabase(this, frame, (pgDatabase*)node);
if (dlg && !node)
{
// use the server's connection to avoid "template1 in use"
dlg->connection=parent->GetConnection();
}
return dlg;
}

Regards, Dave.