Re: sql window issues

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Antoine" <melser(dot)anton(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: sql window issues
Date: 2006-04-08 15:11:19
Lists: pgadmin-support

Well the error comes from PostgreSQL, not pgAdmin - and now you mention you are using EXPLAIN ANALYZE it all makes sense. EXPLAINing a CREATE TABLE is pointless and unsupported by PostgreSQL. You will get the same error from psql.

If you want to test one or more queries before executing them for real, try something like:

BEGIN;

CREATE TABLE etape
(
n_etp_code numeric(6) NOT NULL, -- identifiant de la table
t_etp_intitule varchar(50), -- nom en clair de l'étape
CONSTRAINT pk_etape PRIMARY KEY (n_etp_code)
)
WITHOUT OIDS;
ALTER TABLE etape OWNER TO "PRODUCTION";

ROLLBACK;

Then when you're happy, just change the ROLLBACK to COMMIT.

Regards, Dave.