Re: Pgadmin III not honoring DATESTYLE

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Alexey Vorobyev" <avorobyev(at)gmail(dot)com>, <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Pgadmin III not honoring DATESTYLE
Date: 2006-01-19 08:12:24
Lists: pgadmin-support

Psql doesn't have to deal with multiple connections to different
databases, let alone different servers at once. Having had to fix the
end result of the confusion that differing datestyles can cause on a
multi-million row table there is no way I'd want pgAdmin to work in
anything other than unambiguous ISO format.

> It's not very easy to switch my mind :) between datestyles.

Well, I would consider applying a patch that gave the user the option of
turning on database-formatted dates, but only if it was off by default.
This is not something I'm going to work on though.

> By the way, previous versions of pgadmin (II ?) worked well.

pgAdmin II was an entirely different application written using different
technology with it's own set of problems. It certainly suffered from the
ambiguity problem that is my main concern, although to a lesser extent
as it only connected to one server at a time.

Regards, Dave.