[Pljava-dev] ResultSetHandle and TupleDesc reference leak?

From: lucas at mcsnw(dot)com (Lucas Madar)
Subject: [Pljava-dev] ResultSetHandle and TupleDesc reference leak?
Date: 2008-01-05 09:57:44
Lists: pljava-dev

I have a program using ResultSetHandle and the first time a new
session uses the function, a warning pops up:

WARNING: TupleDesc reference leak: TupleDesc 0x750bcb0 (10307,-1)
still referenced

To be sure this wasn't my code, I used the exact example code shown in http://wiki.tada.se/display/pljava/Functions+returning+sets
.

# select * from javatest.listNonSupers();
WARNING: TupleDesc reference leak: TupleDesc 0x57aba8 (10307,-1)
still referenced
usename | usesysid | usecreatedb | usesuper | usecatupd | passwd
| valuntil | useconfig
----------+----------+-------------+----------+-----------+----------
+----------+-----------
xxxxxxxx | 24576 | f | f | f | ********
| |
xxxxxxxx | 32768 | f | f | f | ********
| |

Everything seems to work properly, but the warning is somewhat
disconcerting.

Also, I've run into an issue using setSavePoint()... after the
function ends and the savepoint has been released, the results
returned in the resultsethandle cannot be used in anything except a
simple select. Using them as a select into or inside another function
fails, saying 'ERROR: buffer xxx is not owned by resource
owner TopTransaction.' If I don't use savepoints, I don't run into
this issue. My workaround has been to wrap the java function in a
plsql function and use commit/rollback there.

Thanks,
Lucas Madar