Re: Reporting script runtimes in pg_regress

From: Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Reporting script runtimes in pg_regress
Date: 2019-02-10 21:21:27
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> On 10 Feb 2019, at 04:50, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote:

> Does anyone else feel that this is interesting/useful data?

Absolutely, +1 on this. In Greenplum we print the runtime of the script and
the runtime of the diff, both of which have provided useful feedback on where
to best spend optimization efforts (the diff time of course being a lot less
interesting in upstream postgres due to gpdb having it’s own diff tool to
handle segment variability).

cheers ./daniel