Re: procpid?

From: Bernd Helmle <mailings(at)oopsware(dot)de>
To: Greg Sabino Mullane <greg(at)turnstep(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: procpid?
Date: 2011-06-16 16:56:17
Lists: pgsql-hackers

--On 16. Juni 2011 15:33:35 +0000 Greg Sabino Mullane <greg(at)turnstep(dot)com> wrote:

> No, this is clearly connections, not sessions. At least based on the items
> in the postgresql.conf file, especially max_connections (probably one of the
> items most closely associated with pg_stat_activity)

Well, but it doesn't show database connection(s) only, it also shows what
actions are currently performed through the various connections on the
databases and state information about them. I'm not a native english speaker,
but i have the feeling that "sessions" is better suited for this kind of
interactive monitoring. I believe Oracle also has a v$session view to query
various information about what's going on.

--
Thanks

Bernd