Re: PG_COLOR not mentioned in docs of vacuumlo, oid2name and pgbench

From: Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se>
To: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
Cc: Postgres hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PG_COLOR not mentioned in docs of vacuumlo, oid2name and pgbench
Date: 2020-03-04 09:12:23
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> On 4 Mar 2020, at 08:54, Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz> wrote:

> All the tools mentioned in $subject have been switched recently to use
> the central logging infrastructure, which means that they have gained
> coloring output. However we (mostly I) forgot to update the docs.

+1 on updating the docs with PG_COLOR for these.

> Attached is a patch to fix this issue. Please let me know if there
> are comments and/or objections.

+ color in diagnostics messages. Possible values are
+ <literal>never</literal>.

Not being a native english speaker, I might have it backwards, but I find lists
of values in a sentence like this to be easier to read when the final value is
separated by a conjunction like:

cheers ./daniel