Anyone else seeing CREATE TABLE crashes with psqlodbc?

From: "Clay Luther" <claycle(at)cisco(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Anyone else seeing CREATE TABLE crashes with psqlodbc?
Date: 2003-04-28 19:09:47
Lists: pgsql-odbc

I am seeing repeated seg faults when using psqlodbc to issue CREATE TABLE statements to postgresql.

My system is:

RedHat 9
Postgres 7.3
unixODBC 2.2.3
pgsqlODBC 7.2.5

The CREATE TABLE command is being executed, but the crash occurs as pgsqlODBC is attempting to
tear-down the statement (it appears). The crash occurs variously inside the pgsqlODBC driver,
sometimes when it tries to free() in PG_SQLFreeStmt, QR_Destructor (qresult.c) or perform a strlen() in SQLRowCount(), trim() (odbcapi.c). One presumes in both cases invalid pointers are being passed around (a bad int* to free() and a bad char* to trim()/strlen()).

This is a major problem for us and could completely derail our plans to move to PostGres.

I am wondering if anyone else with a similar system is seeing this?

Thanks.

---
Clay
Cisco Systems, Inc.