Transaction size and Wal2Json

From: Mai Peng <maily(dot)peng(at)webedia-group(dot)com>
To: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Dorian Yahouedeou <dorian(dot)yahouedeou(at)ext(dot)webedia-group(dot)com>
Subject: Transaction size and Wal2Json
Date: 2019-02-07 10:38:01
Lists: pgsql-performance

Hello,

We use the plugin Wal2Json in order to catch every modification on database. We’ve got an issue : WAL were growing very fast, the state of pg_stat_replication still on ‘catchup’ , an error:pg_recvlogical: unexpected termination of replication stream: ERROR: out of memory DETAIL: Cannot enlarge string buffer. It seems Wal2Json can not handle very big transactions ( more than 1 Gb).
How could we measure the size of a transaction ?
Could we increase this limitation ?
Thank you
Mai