createdb,psql fails on Win2000

From: "Ole Brydensholt" <obr(at)dhi(dot)dk>
To: <pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: createdb,psql fails on Win2000
Date: 2002-01-23 09:34:56
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

Hi,
I have installed the latest version of cygwin and cygipc.
Initdb ran without problems, but I cannot run createdb or psql.
I started postmaster as 'postmaster -i -D /usr/local/pgsql/data/' and it seems fine, last message is 'database system is in production state'.
But - whenever I run createdb or psql I get 'The Database system is starting up' and the program quits.
I have browsed the archives, but so far found no clues, so if someone can help....

Regards,
Ole Brydensholt