Enabling SSL fails to restart server

From: "David Patricola" <david(dot)patricola(at)jefferson(dot)edu>
To: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Enabling SSL fails to restart server
Date: 2011-02-24 19:15:10
Lists: pgsql-novice

When we set ssl=on in postgres.conf the server doesn't restart at all. No
error message, no log. When we turn it off again it connects fine.
Postgres was installed with RedHat as a package so is there some manual
installation that needs to be done? Below is the version being used.

Version : 8.1.23

Release : 1.el5_6.1

Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.6 (Tikanga)

David Patricola | Senior Cold Fusion Developer | Web Applications & Services
| Jefferson Information Technologies

Thomas Jefferson Universtiy | Philadelphia, PA | 215.503.1715 (Office)