Re: Change wording for PG_MODULE_MAGIC inclusion

From: Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, pgsql-docs <pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Change wording for PG_MODULE_MAGIC inclusion
Date: 2017-08-30 17:28:55
Lists: pgsql-docs

> On 30 Aug 2017, at 16:51, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote:
>
> Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com> writes:
>> Uh, why would anybody be reading the pg10 docs in order to compile
>> modules for 8.2? I vote to just drop the suggestion that there needs to
>> be an #ifdef guard altogether.
>
> +1 ... if you are reading the current docs, they're going to tell you
> lots of things that won't work in 8.1.

Patch updated with dropping the #ifdef guard paragraph. Also removed the
mention of when the magic block was introduced as it seemed an odd piece of
archaeology to keep around when the guard paragraph was removed.

cheers ./daniel

Attachment Content-Type Size
pg_module_magic-v2.patch application/octet-stream 3.7 KB