JDBC + ENUM + NULL Insert ==

From: Marc Fournier <mfournier(at)sd63(dot)bc(dot)ca>
To: List <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: JDBC + ENUM + NULL Insert ==
Date: 2013-02-22 23:28:58
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

We implemented the 'unspecified' solution to allow us to use ENUMs, but when we try and enter a NULL value through JDBC to an ENUM field, we get the an error about not being able to insert a varchar into an ENUM …

but NULL isn't varchar or anything else … so why are we getting that sort of message, and is there some way to fix?