Re: Poor performance

From: "Henshall, Stuart - WCP" <SHenshall(at)westcountrypublications(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: 'BELLON Michel' <Michel(dot)Bellon(at)lcie(dot)fr>, pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Poor performance
Date: 2002-02-21 11:19:20
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

I'm not sure about the errors, it may be cygwin rather than PostgreSQL.
Maybe try the latest snapshot see if that helps.
Otherwise perhaps report to pgsql-bugs.
This first thing that leaps out at me for performance is:
#sort_mem = 512
shared_buffers = 200 # 2*max_connections # min 16
Try putting shared_buffers higher (maybe 24000).
To use larger values be aware of:
Maybe increase sort mem to a couple of thousand as well.
See the docs for more info.
Also PostgreSQL 7.2 is now out & may be worth a spin.
Hope this helps,
- Stuart