Re: Compiling 7.1.3 pgsql under cygwin 1.3 on W2000

From: "Henshall, Stuart - WCP" <SHenshall(at)westcountrypublications(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "'Tim Finch, FosterFinch Ltd'" <tim(at)fosterfinch(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org, Jason Tishler <jason(at)tishler(dot)net>
Subject: Re: Compiling 7.1.3 pgsql under cygwin 1.3 on W2000
Date: 2002-02-18 14:20:56
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

If you are running a flavour of NT you can run it as a service using
cygrunsrv (and I definitly would advise against 9x for a server
anyway). You must already have the cygipc installed as a service, then
you could do something like this (not tested):
cygrunsrv --install postmaster \
--path /bin/postmaster \
--args "-D /usr/data -i -o '-e -o /var/log/postgres.log'" \
--dep ipc-daemon --termsig INT \
--user <username>
Cheers,
- Stuart