Re: installing postgresql on win2000

From: "Henshall, Stuart - WCP" <SHenshall(at)westcountrypublications(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "'Tsvi Klein'" <tklein(at)eecs(dot)tufts(dot)edu>, pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: installing postgresql on win2000
Date: 2001-09-11 07:56:57
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

With the default cygwin install a postgresql binary should have been
installed. From the BASH shell try:
initdb -D <datadir>
postmaster -i -D <datadir> &
To set a default datadir set PGDATA=<datadir>
If this doesn't work try looking to see if you can find initdb.exe and
postgres.exe and running them from whereever.
Hope this helps,
- Stuart