RE: postgresql on win2000

From: "Henshall, Stuart - WCP" <SHenshall(at)westcountrypublications(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "'Baron'" <baron(at)jeecom-t(dot)com>
Cc: "'pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: RE: postgresql on win2000
Date: 2001-07-26 09:31:18
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

Hello,
You need to be in the directory you expanded the postgresql source
into (and at the cygwin bash command line). I tend to go to /usr/src and
tar-zxvf postgresql-7.1.2.tar.gz then go into postgresql-7.1.2 and type
./configure. However if you can use the pre-compiled postgresql you may as
well (you'll probably need to do initdb before you can start the postmaster,
and for both you need ipc-daemon to be running).
As to the packages you need to compile postgresql I tend to just
select the latest of all of them bar readline, of which I pick the prev 4.1
version (4.2 is missing a declaration postgresql uses, although there's a
postgresql patch floating around somewhere to handle this).
- Stuart