RE: HELP PLEASE!! Installation on NT Machine.

From: "Henshall, Stuart - WCP" <SHenshall(at)westcountrypublications(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "'Neletulla, Sharat'" <SNeletulla(at)necam(dot)com>, pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: RE: HELP PLEASE!! Installation on NT Machine.
Date: 2001-07-04 08:23:55
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hello,
have a look at:
http://www.ca.postgresql.org/docs/faq-mswin
Note however that cygwin now comes with prebuilt postgresql binaries
so all you should need to do is to install cygwin and cygipc. Then
ipc-daemon &
initdb -D <datadirectory>
postmaster -i -D <datadirectory> &
If you have more problems the pgsql-cygwin list would probably be
the best place to ask (have a look at www.postgresql.org for more info).
- Stuart

<snip>