RE: RE: ODBC and Access 2000

From: "Henshall, Stuart - WCP" <SHenshall(at)westcountrypublications(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "'Tom Lane'" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Chris Gray <cpgray(at)library(dot)uwaterloo(dot)ca>
Cc: "Henshall, Stuart - WCP" <SHenshall(at)westcountrypublications(dot)co(dot)uk>, pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: RE: RE: ODBC and Access 2000
Date: 2001-05-10 18:02:22
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Hello,
I had assumed that Access was just treating it like another field
and going for over kill in identifying the record. However this doesn't seem
to be the case as in a quick test it doesn't appear to use any other fields,
not even non null, unique indexed ones. Just the primary key and xmin.
Is xmin a standard for RowVersioning? Does SQL Server use it
perhaps, and allows you to reference it in such a way. (Could this be
related to the problems people had updating using ADO in Access, but they
could outside and also to SQL Server? Never used ADO myself and can't
remember the exact situation that was discussed).
I wonder what other software out there would like to treat xmin as
an int4? Is it an Access thing, an MS thing, or is it more wide spread?
Hmm, better stop rambling now :)
- Stuart