Re: Memory Errors OS X

From: "Frank D(dot) Engel, Jr(dot)" <fde101(at)fjrhome(dot)net>
To: pgsql general list <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Memory Errors OS X
Date: 2004-12-22 21:17:27
Lists: pgsql-general

What version of OS X?

Apparently some of the earlier versions did not permit changing this
parameter without recompiling the kernel. It seems to have been
changed in the more recent versions, though:

http://www.opendarwin.org/pipermail/hackers/2002-August/003583.html
http://borkware.com/rants/openacs/
http://www.ssec.wisc.edu/mug/users_guide/SharedMemory.html

A note from that last URL is that shmall*4096=shmmax.

And yes, trying to manually run an rc script is a bad idea.