pgsql: Detect format-string mistakes in the libpq_pipeline test module.

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: pgsql-committers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: pgsql: Detect format-string mistakes in the libpq_pipeline test module.
Date: 2022-09-15 21:18:03
Lists: pgsql-committers pgsql-hackers

Detect format-string mistakes in the libpq_pipeline test module.

I happened to notice that libpq_pipeline's private implementation
of pg_fatal lacked any pg_attribute_printf decoration. Indeed,
adding that turned up a mistake! We'd likely never have noticed
because the error exits in this code are unlikely to get hit,
but still, it's a bug.

We're so used to having the compiler check this stuff for us that
a printf-like function without pg_attribute_printf is a land mine.
I wonder if there is a way to detect such omissions.

Back-patch to v14 where this code came in.

Branch
------
master

Details
-------
https://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/cf2c7a736e4939ff0d6cf2acd29b17eea3bca7c2

Modified Files
src/test/modules/libpq_pipeline/libpq_pipeline.c | 4 +++-