pgsql: Convert misleading while loop into an if condition

From: David Rowley <drowley(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: pgsql-committers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: pgsql: Convert misleading while loop into an if condition
Date: 2021-05-14 00:26:32
Lists: pgsql-committers

Convert misleading while loop into an if condition

This seems to be leftover from ea15e1867 and from when we used to evaluate
SRFs at each node.

Since there is an unconditional "return" at the end of the loop body, only
1 loop is ever possible, so we can just change this into an if condition.

There is no actual bug being fixed here so no back-patch. It seems fine to
just fix this anomaly in master only.

Author: Greg Nancarrow
Discussion: https://postgr.es/m/CAJcOf-d7T1q0az-D8evWXnsuBZjigT04WkV5hCAOEJQZRWy28w@mail.gmail.com

Branch
------
master

Details
-------
https://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/6cb93beddd33d00e0ce2ee55edfa32cd2a935394

Modified Files
src/backend/executor/nodeResult.c | 2 +-