pgsql: Document lock obtained during partition detach

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>
To: pgsql-committers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: pgsql: Document lock obtained during partition detach
Date: 2021-03-25 19:31:12
Lists: pgsql-committers

Document lock obtained during partition detach

On partition detach, we acquire a SHARE lock on all tables that
reference the partitioned table that we're detaching a partition from,
but failed to document this fact. My oversight in commit f56f8f8da6af.
Repair. Backpatch to 12.

Author: Álvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>
Discussion: https://postgr.es/m/20210325180244.GA12738@alvherre.pgsql

Branch
------
REL_13_STABLE

Details
-------
https://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/c8622999b7fe53741304f2aca73560aade6557d2

Modified Files
doc/src/sgml/ref/alter_table.sgml | 2 ++
1 file changed, 2 insertions(+)