pgsql: Further simplify nbtree high key truncation.

From: Peter Geoghegan <pg(at)bowt(dot)ie>
To: pgsql-committers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: pgsql: Further simplify nbtree high key truncation.
Date: 2020-03-31 00:35:00
Lists: pgsql-committers

Further simplify nbtree high key truncation.

Commit 7c2dbc69 reorganized _bt_truncate() in a way that enables a
further simplification that I (pgeoghegan) missed: Since we mark the
tuple that is returned to the caller as a pivot tuple before the point
where its heap TID is set as of 7c2dbc69, it is possible to use the high
level BTreeTupleGetHeapTID() inline function to get an item pointer. Do
it that way now. This approach is clearer and more maintainable.

Branch
------
master

Details
-------
https://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/f01157e2ac8ac4dff8ba159c36edf2fdb7d6704e

Modified Files
src/backend/access/nbtree/nbtutils.c | 3 +--
1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 2 deletions(-)