pgsql: Fix crasher bug in array_position(s)

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>
To: pgsql-committers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: pgsql: Fix crasher bug in array_position(s)
Date: 2016-12-09 15:44:28
Lists: pgsql-committers

Fix crasher bug in array_position(s)

array_position and its cousin array_positions were caching the element
type equality function's FmgrInfo without being careful enough to put it
in a long-lived context. This is obviously broken but it didn't matter
in most cases; only when using arrays of records (involving record_eq)
it becomes a problem. The fix is to ensure that the type's equality
function's FmgrInfo is cached in the array_position's flinfo->fn_mcxt
rather than the current memory context.

Apart from record types, the only other case that seems complex enough
to possibly cause the same problem are range types. I didn't find a way
to reproduce the problem with those, so I only include the test case
submitted with the bug report as regression test.

Bug report and patch: Junseok Yang
Discussion: https://postgr.es/m/CAE+byMupUURYiZ6bKYgMZb9pgV1CYAijJGqWj-90W=nS7uEOeA@mail.gmail.com
Backpatch to 9.5, where array_position appeared.

Branch
------
master

Details
-------
http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/a73491e5fee88f5db70d69e81fa45060b6ed3682

Modified Files
src/backend/utils/adt/array_userfuncs.c | 6 ++++--
src/test/regress/expected/arrays.out | 14 ++++++++++++++
src/test/regress/sql/arrays.sql | 9 +++++++++