pgsql: Department of second thoughts: remove PD_ALL_FROZEN.

From: Robert Haas <rhaas(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: pgsql-committers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: pgsql: Department of second thoughts: remove PD_ALL_FROZEN.
Date: 2016-03-08 13:55:49
Lists: pgsql-committers

Department of second thoughts: remove PD_ALL_FROZEN.

Commit a892234f830e832110f63fc0a2afce2fb21d1584 added a second bit per
page to the visibility map, which still seems like a good idea, but it
also added a second page-level bit alongside PD_ALL_VISIBLE to track
whether the visibility map bit was set. That no longer seems like a
clever plan, because we don't really need that bit for anything. We
always clear both bits when the page is modified anyway.

Patch by me, reviewed by Kyotaro Horiguchi and Masahiko Sawada.

Branch
------
master

Details