BUG #8346: Postgres BDR: Segmentation Fault observed during replication of binary object.

From: devadas_mallya(at)yahoo(dot)co(dot)in
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #8346: Postgres BDR: Segmentation Fault observed during replication of binary object.
Date: 2013-07-30 21:58:55
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 8346
Logged by: Devadas Mallya
Email address: devadas_mallya(at)yahoo(dot)co(dot)in
PostgreSQL version: 9.2.0
Operating system: Ubuntu 12.04 Server Edition (64-bit)

Hi,
I have setup 2 postgres instances for bi-directional replication. I have
used the build from here: git clone -b bdr
git://git.postgresql.org/git/users/andresfreund/postgres.git

I have created a table with a column of type "bytea" for binary data on both
servers.

When I try to insert a binary object into this table from one server, the
replication fails with a Segmentation Fault on the other server. The log
message is below
LOG: worker process: bdr apply: ub1 (PID 29604) was terminated by signal
11: Segmentation fault. [ub1 is the server writing the data]