pgsql: Set procost to 10 for each of the pg_foo_is_visible() functions.

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: pgsql-committers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: pgsql: Set procost to 10 for each of the pg_foo_is_visible() functions.
Date: 2012-10-10 16:19:34
Lists: pgsql-committers

Set procost to 10 for each of the pg_foo_is_visible() functions.

The idea here is to make sure the planner will evaluate these functions
last not first among the filter conditions in psql pattern search and
tab-completion queries. We've discussed this several times, and there
was consensus to do it back in August, but we didn't want to do it just
before a release. Now seems like a safer time.

No catversion bump, since this catalog change doesn't create a backend
incompatibility nor any regression test result changes.

Branch
------
master

Details