pgsql: Deprecate use of GLOBAL and LOCAL in temp table creation.

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: pgsql-committers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: pgsql: Deprecate use of GLOBAL and LOCAL in temp table creation.
Date: 2012-06-13 21:48:53
Lists: pgsql-committers

Deprecate use of GLOBAL and LOCAL in temp table creation.

Aside from adjusting the documentation to say that these are deprecated,
we now report a warning (not an error) for use of GLOBAL, since it seems
fairly likely that we might change that to request SQL-spec-compliant temp
table behavior in the foreseeable future. Although our handling of LOCAL
is equally nonstandard, there is no evident interest in ever implementing
SQL modules, and furthermore some other products interpret LOCAL as
behaving the same way we do. So no expectation of change and no warning
for LOCAL; but it still seems a good idea to deprecate writing it.

Noah Misch

Branch
------
master

Details
-------
http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/c3bc76bdb0ac600e6b4d1e594e1a077c1efc5154

Modified Files
doc/src/sgml/ref/create_table.sgml | 20 ++++++++++++++------
doc/src/sgml/ref/create_table_as.sgml | 5 ++---
src/backend/parser/gram.y | 30 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++----