BUG #6450: PQexec stuck.

From: vipul(dot)patel(at)elitecore(dot)com
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #6450: PQexec stuck.
Date: 2012-02-09 06:28:51
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 6450
Logged by: Vipul Patel
Email address: vipul(dot)patel(at)elitecore(dot)com
PostgreSQL version: 8.4.5
Operating system: linux

hi,
I am using the PostgreSQL 8.4.5, I wrote C programm which Create table,
and insert record in it. after some number of recored it will stop.
inserting record and make entry in to other table for used to other process
this table was processed and removed/droped by that process. my programm
create new table and start inserting recored in to that table.

now, some time call of create table is stuck which is called by PQexec. to
resolve this i have to kill that postgres process and i have to perform
vacuming and reindexing on the data base. till then i am not able to create
even a simple table in database (create table tbl1(cl1 int);).

I know that PQexec is blocking call. but in this type of condition the
PQexec will return with failure error so we can handle it.

in current stat the PQexec will stuck till anyone not vacume and reindexing
the DB.