PowerDesigner 15

From: el dorado <do_ra_do(at)mail(dot)ru>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: PowerDesigner 15
Date: 2010-12-28 10:02:20
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello!

I would like to get more flexible tool for database management that EMS of pgadmin. So now I'm trying to use PD 15 with Postgres 8.4.1. It's very exciting :)
So what can I say?
It seems to be there are no problems with tables, sequences, FK... But there are some difficulties with:
1. Stored porcedures
At this branch of DBMS definition file - PostgreSQL 8::Script\Objects\Procedure\Create - I write the following:

CREATE FUNCTION %PROC%(%PROCPRMS%)
as $body$
%TRGDEFN%
$body$
LANGUAGE '%ProcLanguage%' VOLATILE CALLED ON NULL INPUT SECURITY DEFINER;

When I do reverse engineering I get the script of procedure, f.e.:
CREATE FUNCTION %PROC%()
as $body$
BEGIN
RETURN i+1;
END
$body$
LANGUAGE '%ProcLanguage%' VOLATILE CALLED ON NULL INPUT SECURITY DEFINER;

The problem is that there is that there should be some params - but here the list of params is empty.

2. Schemas
PD interprets schemas as users - for some reason. I have no definite idea - is there any opportunity to teach PD to work with schemas correctly? Maybe it's necessary to add some structure to 'Object' section or 'Profile' section of DBMS definition file ?

It's interesting at all - does anybody successfully use PD with Postgres? I'll appreciate any notices. There is no much information about it.

Regards, Marina.