pgsql: Oops, missed one fix for EquivalenceClass rearrangement.

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: pgsql-committers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: pgsql: Oops, missed one fix for EquivalenceClass rearrangement.
Date: 2010-10-29 18:45:25
Lists: pgsql-committers

Oops, missed one fix for EquivalenceClass rearrangement.

Now that we're expecting a mergeclause's left_ec/right_ec to persist from
the initial assignments, we can't just blithely zero these out when
transforming such a clause in adjust_appendrel_attrs. But really it should
be okay to keep the parent's values, since a child table's derived Var
ought to be equivalent to the parent Var for all EquivalenceClass purposes.
(Indeed, I'm wondering whether we couldn't find a way to dispense with
add_child_rel_equivalences altogether. But this is wrong in any case.)

Branch
------
master

Details
-------
http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb?p=postgresql.git;a=commitdiff;h=48a1fb23900d73e7d9cb2dc0408c745cd03597a7

Modified Files
src/backend/optimizer/prep/prepunion.c | 6 +++---