pgsql: Fix incorrect usage of non-strict OR joinclauses in appendrel in

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: pgsql-committers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: pgsql: Fix incorrect usage of non-strict OR joinclauses in appendrel in
Date: 2010-09-28 20:15:39
Lists: pgsql-committers

Fix incorrect usage of non-strict OR joinclauses in appendrel indexscans.

By chance I happened to notice that bug #5076 was still broken in the
8.3 branch, though it worked everywhere else. The reason is that 8.3's
version of adjust_appendrel_attrs_mutator neglected to adjust
RestrictInfo.nullable_relids. This was an oversight in my patch of
2009-04-16, which I apparently corrected in the later branches on
2009-08-13 without realizing that it affected the 8.3 branch as well.
By the time the bug report was filed, it was not reproducible in 8.4.
I don't recall if I wrote it off as already fixed, or it just fell through
the cracks; but anyway it's been a live bug in 8.3 for a year.

Branch
------
REL8_3_STABLE

Details
-------
http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb?p=postgresql.git;a=commitdiff;h=a2e26a6f888a91da7efd7f59ca5d9b9383f2edd1

Modified Files
src/backend/optimizer/prep/prepunion.c | 3 +++