Problems with Vista and Windows 7

From: el dorado <do_ra_do(at)mail(dot)ru>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Problems with Vista and Windows 7
Date: 2010-07-07 08:19:11
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello!
I use Postgres 8.4.1 as service, with Windows 7. It seems to me the same situation will take place with Vista.

I've notice that in some special cases PG uses folder %APPDATA% for Windows user 'postgres', instead of the PostgreSQL-specific application data folder (f.e., C:\PostgreSQL\8.4\data). It results in some unexpected bugs. There were no such effects in Win XP and 2000.

Has anyone fixed something similar to the described situation? Is it possible to improve it?

Regards, Marina.