SQL query of an ODBC data source?

From: "Mr(dot) DBA" <dba(at)ciberforce(dot)net>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: SQL query of an ODBC data source?
Date: 2006-06-12 21:01:15
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Hi List;

I've installed Postgres on a Linux box. I've also installed unixODBC on the same linux box and I can use isql to connect to a remote database via a data source that I've configured in ~/.odbc.ini

My question is this:

Can I access tables in the remote database via a psql query which references the ODBC data source? Something like "select * from datasource.database.table"

I thought postgres was an "ODBC' aware databse but I cannot find any info on how to do this -- I only find info on dblinks which is not what I want...

Thanks in advance...