Need help on bytea usage

From: Simeon Mariasoosai <Simeon(dot)Mariasoosai(at)StartelCorp(dot)com>
To: "'pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Need help on bytea usage
Date: 2003-06-30 17:27:18
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Hi,

I am trying to use bytea in postgres to store binary data such as a
structure. I used sql insert statement. I tried malloc and PQescapeBytea in
vain.

i tried palloc but get undefined references to CurrentMemoryContext and
MemoryContextAlloc.

I am trying to find any sample code that inserts a binary data using bytea
storage type in postgres. I am using linux, and libpq libraries.

I couldnt find any sample code so far. I greatly appreciate your help in
pointing me towards some sample code that does this.

Thanks

Simon