Re: How to Process Mail in Postgre?

From: Richard Welty <rwelty(at)averillpark(dot)net>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: How to Process Mail in Postgre?
Date: 2003-06-17 17:20:11
Lists: pgsql-general

On Wed, 18 Jun 2003 01:11:46 +0800 Irawan Tanudirdjo <irwtan9(at)telkom(dot)net> wrote:
> I need to know does Postgre has email receiving and sending capability?
> (Like xp_mail in M$ SQL Server). If Postgre has this capability, can
> someone give me pointer where could I found the documentation/tutorial
> about using this mail processing capability? Thank you for your help.

i don't know anything about xp_mail, so it doesn't do much good in terms of
describing your requirements, but...

google on pgMail for something that can send. it requires tcl, but you
don't need to know much about tcl to use it (i've used it successfully, and
i don't know much about tcl.)

for receipt, you may need to roll your own, but you should google on

PostgreSQL SMTP

and see if any of the stuff that turns up is relevant to your requirements.

richard
--
Richard Welty rwelty(at)averillpark(dot)net
Averill Park Networking 518-573-7592