Re: Multiple open ResultSets not allowed?

From: Richard Welty <rwelty(at)averillpark(dot)net>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Multiple open ResultSets not allowed?
Date: 2003-03-17 18:39:13
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

On Mon, 17 Mar 2003 10:02:04 -0800 Jeff Kolesky <jeff(at)edusoft(dot)com> wrote:

> To back up my suspicions, I looked up the JDBC spec
> (http://java.sun.com/products/jdbc/download.html#corespec30). On
> page 93 under the heading "13.1.1 Creating Statements" it clearly
> states
>
> Each Connection object can create multiple Statement objects that
> may be
> used concurrently by the program.
>
> If multiple Statement objects can be created, why would you not be
> able to execute multiple queries and therefore access multiple
> ResultSets?

i have an application in development (getting near deployment, actually)
that does exactly this, and multiple result sets are working perfectly
well. jdk 1.4.1_01, postgresql 7.2.3-5 (redhat rpm), current appropriate
jdbc driver.

i've had other issues with jdbc, but multiple result sets have been
completely trouble free.

richard
--
Richard Welty rwelty(at)averillpark(dot)net
Averill Park Networking 518-573-7592