Oracle, ODBC, MS IIS -> problem!

From: "ANDREAS STEINBACH" <ANDREAS(dot)STEINBACH(at)INF(dot)OEBB(dot)AT> (Tel 31128)
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org (Non Receipt Notification Requested) (IPM Return Requested)
Subject: Oracle, ODBC, MS IIS -> problem!
Date: 2000-11-08 14:50:30
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hi,

My problem is:

I have to create a web interface for an Oracle database. I use MS Internet
Information Server, ODBC driver (tried one from MS and one from Oracle) and an
Oracle database (I have no permission to change anything in that database).

I don't have a problem accessing one table, but I need to read fields of
several tables and some of them have the same name. I simplified my problem to
the following example:

select p.pkey, p.text, d.dkey, d.text from schema1.product p, schema1.details d
where p.pkey = 15555

I created a webpage containing the following:

----------

<% Set cn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")

cn.open "dsn=XXXXXXX;uid=XXXXXXX;pwd=XXXXXXX"
abfrage="select p.pkey, p.text, d.dkey, d.text from schema1.product p,
schema1.details d where p.pkey = 15555"

Set rs = cn.Execute(abrage) %>
<% m_produkt=Server.HTMLEncode(rs.Fields("p.pkey").Value)%>

---------

The last line give a (german) error message that I will try to translate:

ADODB.Fields-error '800a0cc1'

ADO couldn't find an object in the list, that corresponds to the name or the
ordinal reference, that was requested by the application.

Is there anybody out there who can be of help on that matter? I really tried to
find an answer myself, but now I'm stuck.

Any help is highly appreciated. Thanks in advance,

Andreas (Vienna, Austria, Europe, Earth)