PL/Perl 64-bit and sending emails

From: Mark Lubratt <mark(dot)lubratt(at)indeq(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: PL/Perl 64-bit and sending emails
Date: 2009-09-03 18:30:17
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello!

I've been running the 64-bit version of 8.3.4 on OpenSolaris 2009.06
for over a year. Now, I need to put a perl function call into it to
allow emails to be sent by the database backend. I tried installing
plperl, but it looks like only a 32-bit version is available. Does
the 64-bit version of plperl exist? Or, does someone know of another
way to get the backend to send an email?

Thanks!
Mark