Re: More on inheritance and foreign keys

From: "Zeugswetter Andreas DCP SD" <ZeugswetterA(at)spardat(dot)at>
To: "Albert Cervera Areny" <albertca(at)hotpop(dot)com>, <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: More on inheritance and foreign keys
Date: 2006-06-08 10:53:59
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> The solution to the foreign key problem seems easy if I
> modify PostgreSQL implementation and take off the ONLY word
> from the SELECT query, but it's not an option for me, as I'm

I think that the ONLY was wrong from day one :-(
The default in other areas is table including childs.
(Not like in old pg where you had to use tab* to include childs)
(iirc leaving off ONLY is not sufficient because of locking
problems)

Of course then we would need
REFERENCES tenk ONLY (unique1)
to allow current behavior.